Fat Transfer & Injections in Atlanta, GA
Fat transfer injections are an advanced injectable treatment that uses your own fat to fill in and correct lines, wrinkles, creases, folds and other visible signs of aging. The Atlanta Center for Breast and Aesthetic Surgery, led by Dr. Frederick T. Work, Jr., offers fat transfer injections for men and women who live in and around Buckhead, Vinings, and Sandy Springs.
What Are Fat Transfer Injections?
Fat transfer injection, also known as microlipoinjection, is a process whereby your own fat is extracted from one area and injected into areas of the face to enhance fullness and volume. The fat may be used to enhance facial contours, fill in cheeks, add fullness and volume to the lips and smooth out lines and wrinkles. This is a safe procedure which minimizes the chance for adverse reactions by using an organic substance already found in your body.
Benefits of Fat Transfer Injections
Fat transfer injections are rapidly gaining in popularity because the procedure offers the following benefits:
- Restores facial youthfulness without surgery.
- Has been proven safe and effective.
- Uses your own fat to erase signs of aging and improve facial contours.
- Is a quick and easy procedure performed in the comfort of the doctor’s office.
- Requires no downtime or recovery.
- Utilizes fat removal from unwanted areas.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Fat Transfer Injections?
Fat transfer injections appeal to those who want to reverse the signs of aging without invasive surgeries. Dr. Work recommends this procedure to men and women who are in generally good health and understand the realistic expectations for this procedure. This procedure is not a replacement for liposuction or cheek implants but affords more natural and safe results. Dr. Work recommends the procedure for individuals to enhance facial contours and diminish slight imperfections in the face. Fat transfer injections are an excellent option for patients seeking to correct wrinkles, creases, lines, lack of volume and slight facial imperfections, including:
- Marionette lines, frown lines, smoker’s lines and smile lines.
- Wrinkles, folds, creases and stress lines between the eyebrows and on the forehead.
- Lack of volume, fullness and definition in the cheekbones.
- Lack of volume and fullness in the lips and around the mouth.
- Acne scars.
How Should I Prepare for Fat Transfer Injections?
The risk associated with fat transfer is minimal because the procedure uses your own fat to enhance facial volume. Little to no preparation is required for this procedure, but to be on the safe side, please let Dr. Work know if you have received any other injections in the past four months and if you’ve had any adverse reactions during cosmetic procedures. At your initial consultation, advise Dr. Work if you’re taking any medications, such as aspirin and other blood thinners, allergy medications, sleep aids, NSAIDS or muscle relaxers so he can make recommendations accordingly.
How Are Fat Transfer Injections Administered?
Once Dr. Work determines you are a strong candidate for fat injections, you may schedule your appointment for treatment. Fat transfer injections require three steps. Dr. Work may offer you a sedative or local anesthesia to make sure you remain comfortable during the procedure. The three steps of the procedure are as follows:
- Step 1: Fat is harvested from an area of the body via liposuction. The most common sites for fat removal are the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs. As an added benefit, fat removal may also improve the contours of those targeted areas.
- Step 2: The harvested fatty tissue is separated to isolate the fat cells.
- Step 3: The fat cells are injected into the treatment area with a very fine-gauge needle. Dr. Work carefully and precisely selects the ideal injection sites to enhance the contours and skin volume of the injection area.
Results are visible immediately after the procedure. In approximately 50 percent of clients, Dr. Work may recommend a follow-up treatment because the body absorbs the transplanted fat. This is completely normal and the procedure will follow the same general steps as the initial treatment.
How Much Do Fat Transfer Injections Cost In Atlanta?
Fat injection transfer can vary from procedure to procedure based on a number of factors, such as the number of appointments needed for the desired results. Dr. Work will discuss the cost of your individual procedure at your initial consultation. Because it is an elective cosmetic procedure, it is unlikely that your insurance plan will cover fat transfer injections. However, Dr. Work’s office provides easy financing methods and accepts cash, personal checks and credit cards as forms of payment to provide maximum flexibility in payment options.
If you are seeking fat transfer injections, the Atlanta Center for Breast and Aesthetic Surgery provides safe, effective, fat transfer injections for interested patients in and around Buckhead, Vinings, and Sandy Springs. Contact Dr. Work’s office to schedule your consultation today.