Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) in Atlanta, GA
The Hair Transplant Center of Atlanta, led by Dr. Frederick T. Work, Jr., is helping patients who live in and around Buckhead, Vinings, and Sandy Springs understand hair transplantation using follicular unit extraction.
What is Follicular Unit Extraction?
Commonly known as FUE, the Follicular Unit Extraction is a non-invasive technique that is used for hair restoration. By using a surgical punch or other device, Dr. Work extracts follicles from the back of the head one at a time with a small circular incision. Afterward, the donor follicles are transplanted into the desired area where they will begin to grow hair. FUE is virtually a painless procedure and, as a result, patients will be completely alert throughout the process.
How Long does it Take for Hair to Start Growing?
Patients can expect to experience full hair regrowth within nine to twelve months.
What Happens to the Areas where Hair Follicles are Extracted?
The procedure will cause a small hole on the head; however, as the wound heals, the area will contract and result in a small round scar. Even if the patient’s hairstyle is extremely short, the scar will not be visible.
What are the Advantages of Follicular Unit Extractions?
Some of the advantages of follicular unit extractions for people experiencing hair loss include:
- Less Invasive. Throughout the procedure, Dr. Work extracts hair follicles along with the surrounding tissue with a punch that ranges in size from 0.7 millimeters to 1.0 millimeters. As a result, the technique does not need wound closures following the extractions. Thus, the procedure is much less invasive as compared to other hair restoration options.
- No Linear Scarring. The FUE technique does not require wound closures so there will not be any linear scarring. Therefore, this is a perfect hair restoration option for men and people with short hairstyles.
- Much Less Healing and Recovery Time. Unlike many other invasive procedures, patients will experience less discomfort with the FUE technique. They will also have a relatively quick healing and recovery period primarily because the non-invasive procedure does not result in linear wounds. Once the hair restoration process is successfully completed, patients will be able to resume their normal daily activities in a timely manner.
- Potential for Increased Donor Supply. Because doctors can extract from multiple areas such as the chest, arms, and other body regions where there are viable hair follicles, the procedure allows for greater potential for increased donor supply.
- Can Select Specific Grafts for Extraction. The FUE technique enables doctors to select the best hair follicles for transplanting. While finer single hair follicles are great for the hairline and the nape of the neck, thicker hair follicles are typically applied to other areas of the scalp.
- Ideal for Small Cases. The FUE technique is perfect for small or specialized cases. Many doctors prefer this hair restoration technique when working with younger hair or smaller areas such as the eyebrows.
Is FUE a Good Option for Me?
The FUE technique is one of several hair transplantation procedures that is a good option for those who are experiencing baldness. FUE is ideal for people who would like minimal scarring after the procedure and an extremely short recovery time. People who have short hair, a narrow area of donor supply, or little scalp elasticity are also great candidates. In order to determine if this non-invasive procedure is right for you, Dr. Work will review your options during the consultation.
How Much Does Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Cost In Atlanta?
The cost of Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) will vary from one patient to the next. Dr. Work will be happy to discuss the cost with you during your initial consultation. The office accepts cash, check, and most major credit cards. Financing via CareCredit® and Prosper® Healthcare Lending is also available.
A number of people are discovering the benefits of Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair restoration at the Hair Transplant Center of Atlanta to improve their thinning hair naturally and without surgery. Those who live in and around Buckhead, Vinings, and Sandy Springs can count on the experience of Dr. Work to provide them with superior results. Contact us today